Tracking numbers are sent out to the email used on the order. If a tracking number is not received, you can contact us to request a tracking number. USPS is the primary shipping carrier used but at times your package may be shipped using UPS, FedEx or DHL. Your confirmation email will include the shipping carrier used and how to track your package.
Tracking not updating: Tracking feature allows users to track the status of their packages which are shipped through them. Visit the shipping carrier website (USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL) to track your package. A unique ID called tracking number is required to track the package. Shipping carriers allot a unique tracking number to each item which is shipped through them. People face many queries related to tracking such as lost tracking number, how to track a package, what is a tracking number, how to or where to find the tracking number, is it possible to track a package without tracking number, tracking not updating, etc. Tracking works absolutely fine most of the time, but there may be few circumstances where the tracking is not updating.
My tracking is not updating, what to do now?
If you’re seeing this message i.e. “Delivery status not updated” then this means your tracking information is not updated. If your tracking information is not updating then you need to first make sure that you’re entering the correct tracking number.
What are the reasons behind tracking not updating?
USPS/UPS/FEDEX/DHL tracking is an end to end mechanism. Every shipment has a barcode which is scanned as a package moves from one place to the other. A barcode is scanned multiple times before reaching the destination. You see tracking updates on your dashboard whenever a barcode is scanned. Here are a few reasons for tracking not updating:
- Package Not Scanned: Barcode scanning is the reason why you’re seeing tracking updates. There is a possibility that a barcode is not scanned due to any reason and that’s why your tracking is not updating. Tracking information won’t update until the scanning is done.
- Weather Conditions: Weather could be the reason why your tracking is not updating. Sometimes the packages get stuck in the middle due to bad weather conditions.
- Packages are not scanned at intermediary stops: As mentioned above that a package is scanned multiple times before reaching the destination. There might be chances that a package is not scanned at intermediary stops due to unavoidable reasons or circumstances.
- Broken or Unscannable Barcode: A barcode won’t be scanned properly if it is broken or unscannable.
- Delay on the part of the carrier: There might be a delay on the part of the carrier and that’s why your tracking is not updating. As of March, 2020 some shipments may see delays due to COVID-19.
- Package being held by shipping carrier: We have seen a small number of instances where a package is being held by a shipping carrier or local post office. We suggest contacting them find the best way to retrieve your package.